Are you the Supervisor, manager, or even a CEO of an agency in London? Well, regardless of the services that you offer, you must be aware of just how important communication is! Actually, there is a direct relationship between communication and performance/ success. Communication is all about passing messages to fellow team players, clients, and other stakeholders involved in a timely manner. The most successful agencies encourage open communication, rather than attempt to suppress it! Thus, it is correct to say that it all starts from the top; as the one in charge of the team, you have to cultivate a culture of proper communication within the agency, if you are to remain relevant in an increasingly competitive world.
Have a look at these steps on effective team communication management for agencies in London;
- Start by understanding the importance of good communication; open communication is all about employees and team players trusting each other. It’s about honest feedback, it is about timely communication. Research has consistently shown that in agencies where employees aren’t afraid of openly communicating, productivity tends to be higher. The most important thing to note here is that open communication has to start from the top.
- Open communication as part of agency’s culture; ensure that all employees are exposed to open communication from the time they join the agency. It’s always easier this way, than trying to cultivate this culture long after the employees have been with the agency. Doing so also enables newer team players to catch up faster, quicker.
- Encourage creative thinking; as the team leader, you’ll also need to encourage creative thinking. If one team player has a brilliant idea, they should be encouraged to share it promptly with those around them. You’ll be surprised at just how much an agency can benefit by encouraging team players to speak out their suggestions and ideas.
- Room to operate; one of the greatest mistakes team leaders make is by trying to micro manage the other team players below them. Part of effective communication at times lies in saying nothing at all! Once you’ve briefed the players and made clear what’s expected of each, it is prudent to step aside and let them get things done. Doing so encourages the team players to be creative, innovative.
- Be accessible; lastly, being accessible is one of the crucial rules in effective communication. As the one at the top of the ladder in an agency, make sure that juniors and those working under you can reach you as and when they wish to. The agency could be home to team players from different backgrounds, race, gender, and so on so forth. Responsible managers and CEOs are always reachable even by the most junior employees. This openness creates a right atmosphere at the work place, the knowledge that you can be reached easily greatly motivates the team players.
It takes effort and consistency in order to achieve effective team communication management for agencies in London. But with the above tips, you have a good starting point!
You may check the UK’s best digital agency culture at ClickDo Media.